loading...
01 05

Overview

This was a small project that consisted on performing a Discovery and Framing methodology that includes a series of activities that validate the business proposition, clarify project scope, and build empathy with end users. Activities include but not are not limited to user interviews, persona development, journey mapping, low fidelity wireframing, user testing, and business model canvas. Completion of these activities allows a team of designers, developers, and product managers to align on scope and hit the ground running.

Specifically for this project, the Discovery and Framing aims to clarify and validate educational materials targeted at survivors of domestic abuse. These educational materials will likely be a combination of content from the existing Financial Empowerment Curriculum and new content tailored for survivors. This helped the team to more accurately gauge to effort and ensure that we put the delivery team in a position to be successful.

02 05

The work

My participation in this project was to create the UI to the specified research findings and adapting the content in a way the users could access the course information easier and simple.

I want to see the prototype!

03 05

The Process

The previous design team did a good job on the research part to highlight the main goals of the product and the needs from the business. In order to build a solution that best meets the needs the team conducted a Discover and Framing session (D&F).

At a high level, D&F is a series of activities that validate the business proposition, clarify project scope, and build empathy with end users. Activities include but not are not limited to user interviews, persona development, journey mapping, low fidelity wireframing, user testing, and business model canvas. Completion of these activities allows a team of designers, developers, and product managers to align on scope and hit the ground running.

The main Product Goals determined by the Discovery and Framing session were: the product had to be easy to find and use, it had to be free and easy to sign up, it had to be mobile friendly and also web friendly and it had to be inclusive (male, LGBTQ friendly).

04 05

The Challenges

My main challenge was to coordinate with the previous design team that conducted the research study to learn more about the company, requirements and specifications. The team rotated to multiple and different projects and it was hard to get ahold of them.

The other challenge I faced was the lack of style guides and marketing/branding material since this platform was going to be new, the internal design team from this company didn't have something official to use so I tried to comply with most of the brand standards.

The result of the first iteration of work was a set of general mockups with the look and feel defined by talking with other designers and team members from the business side. This is a on-going project and the next phase is the implementation of this platform.

logo

Welcome to My Personal Page.

Sorry, my website doesn't support your web-browser.
Maybe something more modern would do the trick.

download chrome